Midland and Western Dressage Club AGM and Annual Awards
Report from Midland and Western Dressage Club Annual General Meeting.
The Annual General Meeting and Annual Awards of the Midland and Western Dressage Club was held on Sunday, 9th January, 2011 at Hannon’s Hotel, Roscommon. Although travelling conditions were not ideal, the attendance was good with members discussing several issues.
The main points to emerge from the AGM were:
- Show entries were down in 2010, probably due to bad weather at the start of the year and difficult economic times.
- Congratulations to our Silver Spurs winners and all the riders who acquitted themselves so well at the National Championships.
- The Officers were returned for 2011 with Simone Hession as Assistant Secretary. Rosanna Ryan to be M&W representative on DI Board of Directors.
- All entry fees for 2011, which were decided upon last September, will be further reduced to €10/class with €5 charge for unregistered horses on the first entry.
- Competitors can avail of further savings with books of tickets. Pre-paid tickets will be sold in blocks of 6, payment being for 5 which means 1 class will be free for each block of prepaid tickets purchased. Terms and conditions will apply.
- HSI subsidized adult training will take place on 10th and 11th April, 2011 with Grand Prix rider and former member of the USET dressage team, Pam Goodrich (www.fostermeadow.com). Venue and further information to be announced.
- Show duty roster will be posted to relevant members shortly. Please follow guidelines.
The Annual awards were distributed as follows:
|Young Rider||Olwyn Moran|
|Under 12||Jane Field|
At the conclusion of the meeting, all members enjoyed a delicious Sunday lunch prepared by the hotel.
27.04.2015 - Winter League Winners 2014/2015
12.04.2015 - Cavan National Winter Finals 2015
26.08.2014 - Pony Europeans 2014
10.03.2014 - Winter League Winners 2013/2014
10.12.2013 - Midland and Western AGM 2013
17.10.2013 - Shauna Finneran shines in USA
17.04.2013 - League Results Winter 2012/2013
15.04.2013 - National Winter Finals
02.04.2013 - New Treasurer
05.09.2012 - Shauna Finneran’s blog to Training abroad
12.01.2011 - Young M&W Members Train Abroad
04.01.2010 - Winners
04.01.2010 - Inspiration
09.07.2009 - Siobhan Cazabon Sullivan
20.03.2009 - Palm Beach Dressage Derby
13.12.2008 - Youth Development Day
12.12.2008 - Dressage Demonstation With Donie
11.12.2008 - AGM
27.10.2008 - Hall of Fame for Western May
01.01.2008 - Beezies Sue R.I.D.